Friday, February 1, 2013

THE JORDAN WAY

Mt. Nebo, Jordan
It might not look like much right here, but this mountain overlooks Jordan and even Jerusalem.  The drive up was so cool because I got to see gypsies and Bedouins out in the middle of no where!  Plus, seeing a camel just hanging alone by the side of the road isn't something you see everyday.  
On a clear day, you can see Jericho and the Dead Sea from here. Not only that but this is the very mountain where Moses saw the Promised Land and was translated into heaven.  He had to be translated because the Resurrection hadn't occurred yet, so Moses needed a body to come back down to Earth at another time and restore Priesthood keys. Elijah was also translated from this mountain.  Pretty special place. 
High class welcome at the Petra hotel; I like this place.

PETRA!
TODAY WAS THE BEST DAY BECAUSE I RODE A CAMEL!!!
(okay, and the Lost City is pretty amazing too)
I didn't just get a ride from Daisy, but she even gave me a special kiss. How sweet is that?! She is a beauty; my new favorite animal. Needless to say I HAD SO MUCH FUN! Honestly I think this was the best experience I've had yet... uh, I mean, besides all the other amazing sites of course. 



The Treasury at PETRA!!! 
AKA THE LOST CITY
(It really does look like a lost city it is incredible!)

Just on a mountain overlooking the lost city. The city goes on for miles. 

I spy itty-bitty Tawny and Lindsey inside the Monastery. 


Our bus made a quick stop at the rock Moses smote to give the Israelites water. 


AMMAN
Whenever you get the chance, I hope you dance... at the Amman Citadel of course

Roman Temple of Hercules at the Citadel! 

Anne and I at the Jabbok River
Where Jacob's name changed to Israel; we can all prove ourselves by enduring through trials like Jacob and ultimately are blessed beyond our wildest imaginations. 

Jerash :)
This is the most well-preserved Roman city in the Near East. I didn't think anything could amaze me like Petra did, but Jerash is pretty incredible too.  We could even see tracks in the stone of where the chariot races would occur.  There is a big theater there (two actually), and we got to sing on stage there.  Needless to say, it was pretty amazing.  I also felt pretty cool as I ran through the ancient Roman city streets.  Look at me crossin' off things on the bucket list I didn't even know I had. 

The water fountain in Jerash! We poured water in it and got to watch it come out of the little water spout; imagine this gem in its' prime.

Conquered.

Headstands at the Cardo, why not?  

We just had to stop at the Royal Automobile Museum. Let's just say the King rides in style. 

Learned a new look

This amphitheater was massive, and I loved it.


Jane and I dancing in the rain... at another Roman theater.

The Jordan River
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain, and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again. 
Our Savior Jesus Christ was baptized in the Jordan River.  
It is also a natural border between Israel and Jordan, so we could see some visitors on the opposite side of the river right next to some soldiers. I'm so glad others recognize this place as sacred, because it is.
Here, we sang "Lord, I would Follow Thee," and "The Spirit of God." I can't describe how special the Spirit was at this site. Once again, it doesn't look like much from a glance, but it is one of my favorite sites. What it represents shines brighter than its' grandeur.  The world was changed by the example Jesus Christ set for us.  This site is one spot where Jesus showed us the way.  


2 comments:

  1. Your mom just gave me your blog address. What an amazing experience you are having! Enjoy every moment! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having a wonderful, amazing experience! I love reading about it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete