Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Just Some Community Events

I put my prayer in the wall.

Jerusalem Princess Basma Elementary School 
While painting this mural I made friends with the kids passing by, using what little Arabic I had under my belt...   This might have been a mistake because once I started speaking Arabic, the kids thought I knew more than I actually do!  We had fun making faces at each other and trying to communicate.  It's fun how we don't need words to speak to one another sometimes--a smile can say more than words can.  Those kids are adorable, everyone at that school is so kind, and painting was so much fun! 

Seder Dinner!
Alissa (my lovely roomie) and I making some fancy food.
We got to help our chef make part of the meal for our special Jewish Seder dinner!
  The Seder dinner happens in the spring, celebrating the Exodus of the children of Israel. Seder means "order," in which we followed a book telling the story of the Exodus. Through the symbolic foods, we eat in remembrance of the many times God has saved His children and remember that only through Him can we receive the sweet after the bitter. 

 Jerusalem 10k
Yep, we did it. 
Ran a 10k through Jerusalem including the Old City. Probably one of the coolest things I've ever done in my life.

Wahoo!!! 
Never before have I ran a race like this one. Sheep on my left and on the road, dedicated members of different faiths running with kippas and all, the incredible view I had as I ran. What an unforgettable experience. Hard, but oh so worth it. 
Runners alongside me inspired me and motivated me to keep running. Life is honestly so similar to running a road race. Those few people who literally pushed me when I got tired, really touched me and motivated me. You can do it. Endure to the end and help each other along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment