Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tel Aviv

Found the Ocean! Pure Bliss.

Locals

Anne, Taylor and I, loving life. 


Tel-Aviv flea market.
Reminded me a bit of the Old City in Jerusalem, but parts of it felt like an antique garage sale. We could have spent a long time shopping around there... but the beach was calling. 

Indiana Jones shops like this were all along the street. 

I love these cute juice shops. 
Now here is the real shop... the surf shop

Best day ever!!!!
 The water felt so serene, I was literally as happy as a kid in a candy store.  
I wish I could explain how ecstatic I was this afternoon, but maybe a picture is worth a thousand words... that is no fake smile. 

Our friend Shalami hooked us up with the wetsuits. His ideology: surfing isn't about the money, it's about the love of surf. I can cheers to that. 

Mahalos Shalami! 

If there is one thing I've learned from Tel Aviv, it's that the beach bum vibe is universal. Surfers speak the same language no matter where you go. Shakas
 
Words of wisdom. 
Motivational graffiti, the best kind. 
Thanks for the reminder

This one's for you Daddy!
Thinking of you and our sailing days. 

The beaches were filled with thousands of these gorgeous shells! 

Mitch, Anne, me, and Taylor.
The crew kickin' it from day one

Thinking of you!
Wish you were here. Xo



No comments:

Post a Comment